2016 Holiday Schedule
New Years Day
- Fri, January 1:
One Day Delay (Fri customers only)
- Mon, May 30:
One Day Delay
- Mon, July 4:
One Day Delay
- Mon, September 5:
One Day Delay
- Thurs, November 24
One Day Delay (Thurs and Fri customers only)
- Sun, December 25:
If your collection day falls on or after one of the Holidays listed above that we observe your service will be delayed by ONE day for that week. For example, on Memorial Day , Monday customers will be picked up on Tuesday , Tuesday customers on Wednesday, Wednesday customers on Thursday , Thursday customers on Friday, and Friday customers on Saturday.
"When in doubt put it out"
The night before your normal day, if we do not collect by the next day give us a call.
Included in Your Residential Services
- Once a week curbside trash pickup
- Bulky item pickup
- Every other week single recycle pickup
- Wheeled trash carts
- Big handy Bag
- Roll off containers
- Yard waste removal
- Usage sensitive rate
Bulky Item Pickup
As part of your monthly service fee each customer is entitled to disposal of two (2) bulky items per month at no additional charge.
Please call one of our Customer Service Representatives to schedule the pickup, as certain items MUST be collected separately, i.e. tires. You may put your bulky item(s) out for pickup at the curb for collection with your household trash on its regular scheduled pickup day, unless instructed otherwise.
Bulky items include e-waste, washing machines, clothes dryers, dishwashers, ovens, stove, microwave ovens, and other appliances; home computers, bicycles, furniture, waste tires off the rim, less than 16” in diameter (limit 8 free tires per year) and other items, not included in the above, that are too large or too heavy to be placed inside a trash bag. E-waste items include computer monitors, laptops, tablets, and/or anything with a screen measuring more than 4” diagonally.
The following items are not included in bulky item pickup or regular pickup;
yard waste (i.e. grass, sticks, plants, and trees), TV’s, refrigerators, AC units automotive parts, hazardous waste, construction debris and remodeling debris (i.e. shingles, drywall, toilets, bathtubs, siding, and lumber) Please call the office and ask for options on disposing.
Yard Waste Program
Yard waste includes the following; grass, dirt, small shrubs, leaves, mulch, and limbs.
You will need brown biodegradable lawn and leaf bags which you can purchase at any home improvement store. You will also need yard waste stickers, which you can purchase from our company, As long as you have one sticker per bag you can set out as many as you would like, you can call the office for more information on the stickers. You can also bundle sticks and limbs; however, they cannot exceed 3 inches in diameter, 4 feet in length and 35 pounds in weight.
PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS FOR YARD WASTE:
Yard waste needs to be scheduled
with one of our customer service representatives within 24
hours of the assigned day of yard waste pickup, once it is scheduled yard waste needs to be set out by curbside the night before
your pickup day. Call in to our office today to get scheduled for your yard waste pickup.
Single Stream Recycling
Apple Valley Waste and the Berkeley County Waste Authority are pleased to provide Single Stream Recycling to Berkeley County residents.
Single Stream Recycling Features:
- 1 FREE recycling cart
- Every other week collection of recyclables
- $10.00 per month in addition to current service
Click here to download the Recycling Schedule-A Calendar
Click here to download the Recycling Schedule-B Calendar
Files for Download
For the job that is too large for regular trash pick up, but doesn't require a dumpster, Apple Valley's HANDYBAG is the ideal solution.
- Place your recyclables inside the red recycling bin provided by Apple Valley Waste and have your bin at the curb in front of your house the night before your collection day
- Follow the instructions below for acceptable and unacceptable items. If your bin is contaminated with unacceptable items the bin will not be serviced by Apple Valley Waste
- If you have questions or concerns please call Apple Valley Waste at 304-724-1834
- Print the list of acceptable and unacceptable items here.
Apple Valley's HANDYBAG is perfect for do-it-yourself projects. Whether you are preparing to move, cleaning out the garage or need to complete your spring or fall clean up, this expandable bag works for all these projects - and much more!
How it works:
How much does it Cost?
- Apple Valley's HANDYBAG is actually a bag, so it's small and portable. Save time and gas by calling AVW toll free at 1-877-267-1280 and we will mail a bag directly to your home. It's that easy! Or, if you prefer, you can visit our Kearneysville, WV location and pick up your handy bag.
- Instructions for set-up are included with the bag. Just pop it up and fold down the sides to create a portable dumpster.
- Apple Valley's HANDYBAG holds OVER A TON of debris, so feel free to fill it to the brim with whatever your project requires.
- Once your project is complete, call Apple Valley Waste to schedule a pick-up at your convenience. Pick-up instructions are included with the bag.
Apple Valley's BIGHANDYBAG™ normal price is $174.99, shipping included!
Instructions for HANDYBAG placement
Valley's HANDYBAG should be:
Weight Limit: 3,000 lbs.
- Placed on your property
- Within 10 feet of your curb or driveway
- At least 5 feet from any structure or vehicle
- Clear of any wires, trees or overhead structures
If you place your BIGHANDYBAG™ in your driveway, you must fill out the Driveway Damage Waiver Form included with your purchase.
You can also download the Damage Waiver Form
The following items should not be placed in Apple Valley's BIGHANDYBAG™
- fluorescent bulbs
- food waste
- hot materials
- medical waste
- railroad ties
- toxic or hazardous waste
- sharp objects